Red-Creative Exercise 29

Introduction

    Many things in this world are decorated and splattered with the color red. This color catches your eye at any cost. Plants grow and blossom into flattering red flowers, and people go crazy when they are in their presence. Also, something must always be said about a red dress or red lipstick. I am undeniably biased myself because red is my all-time favorite color. I mean where would we be without this irresistible color? My life would certainly be dull without it, and I am sure many other people would feel the same way.

    Coincidentally enough this creative exercise is called “RED”. I came across this exercise in the book “CREATIVE BOOT CAMP-GENERATE IDEAS IN GREATER QUANTITY & QUALITY IN 30 DAYS”, and it is written by Stefan Mumaw.

    In this exercise, we are to list as many words as possible that describe the color red. They can be other names for the color, or they can be analogies. The goal is to relate these things back to the color red as if you were trying to get someone to say the word without really saying it. There is one more restriction, a time limit. The time limit is 3 minutes! Ready! Set! Go!

The Color RED:

Roses

Thorn

Dress

Heels

Barret

Corvette

Prince

Blood

Sophisticated

Classy

Upper Class

Romantic

Valentines Day

Heart

Organs

Candy

Meat

Hot

Spicy

Peppers

Tomatoes

Beans

Christmas

Love

Needles

IV’s

Surgery

Labs

Passion

Intimate

Private

Rewarding

In-Your-Face/Flashy

Lipstick

Conclusion

    I think I was able to come up with a decent list. As the clock ticked down, I began to have random points where I would catch a hunch and go with it. Various themes or holidays began to pop in my head, and I was like oh, that could be a good word, and these words go with this holiday which involves the color read in many aspects. As you continue to write out ideas, your breakthrough usually comes after the point in time when you feel like giving up. I enjoyed this exercise for the simple fact that red has always been and will always be my favorite color. There is just something about it that pops. It is a little bit of classy mixed with wildness that draws me in. I am also a Libra so we need that balance in our lives!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Street Buka's Logo - Project 25 Final

Nigerian Street Buka's Brand Identity - Project 26

XXL Magazine - Project 3