Where is that “Q” I’ve Been Saving - Creative Exercise 40

Introduction

    How well do you actually know your workspace? Is your workspace tiny and tight filled with every object imaginable, or is it rather large with absolutely nothing but a laptop, pen, and paper? Are the objects that make up your workspace work related, or are they things that you have brought in that have taken up the empty space surrounding you? Today we are about to find how well we know our workspace, and whether or not the right objects are occupying it.

    This creative exercise is a bit different from the rest. It is also from the book “CAFFEINE FOR THE CREATIVE MIND: 250 WAYS TO WAKE UP YOUR BRAIN", written by Stefan Mumaw and Wendy Lee Oldfield, and it is called “Where is that “Q” I’ve Been Saving”.

    “Where is that “Q” I’ve Been Saving” is an eccentric title in itself. This is what was on my mind as I was writing this out, so I thought I would share. Anyway, this exercise would like us to study our workspace area. As we are looking around, we are to snap a photo of each letter of the alphabet that has been printed upon the objects that inhabit our workspace area.

Rules:

Objects only in the workspace can be photographed.

Each letter has to be of a different object.

You can move objects around to reveal the letters on other objects.

    This is the moment we secretly find out what everyone is hiding away in their area? What will the letters be placed upon? Will our objects have every letter that we need?

Final Results:

 













Conclusion

    It took me a good 30 minutes to sift through the objects in my workspace. My workspace is also my laundry room/ storage room, so as you are probably wondering, I have a tiny and tight room filled with large number of objects. It was like I was playing hide and seek with my belongings. I thought to myself I know I have to have all of these letters. Look at all of this stuff! As I was going through the alphabet, the usual quirky letters were a bit difficult to find such as: J, Q, U, and more. I had an interesting time getting creative with my everyday objects.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Street Buka's Logo - Project 25 Final

Nigerian Street Buka's Brand Identity - Project 26

Nigerian Street Buka's Touchpoints - Project 27