Aperture, Shutterspeed, and ISO Testing - Project 8

Introduction

    This project was pretty interesting, confusing, and very fresh to me. I am a rookie when it comes to photography and especially, the settings. The assignment was to adjust the aperture, shutter speed, and ISO of the camera. There aren’t very many specifics, but that alone was ENOUGH for me. We of course had to edit and crop them properly, as well.

    I added 3 masks to every photo but the 4th and the 5th. The 4th was for the obvious, and for the 5th photo, the sky was a bit overexposed. I thought the background looked fine. I also applied Artistic Profile 5 to every picture so that they had the same effects applied.

Photo 1

F - 8.0, Shutter Speed - 1/180, ISO – 200

Mask 1 was the sky. I lowered the whites to -11 and the highlights to -21 because they were overexposed.

Mask 2 was the background. I lowered the whites to -13.

Mask 3 was the subject. I lowered the whites to -16, and I increased the texture by 25, the clarity by 28, and the sharpness by 47.  I also applied a -16 vignette.

Photo 2

F - 8.0, Shutter Speed - 1/250, ISO – 400

Mask 1 was the sky. I lowered the whites by -54.

Mask 2 was the background. I lowered the whites by -8.

Mask 3 was the subject. I lowered the whites by -6, and I increased the texture by 42, the clarity by 35, and the sharpness by 32. I then applied a -32 vignette.

Photo 3

F - 2.8, Shutter Speed - 1/90, ISO – 100

Mask 1 was the sky. I lowered the whites to -6.

Mask 2 was the background. I also lowered the whites to -6.

Mask 3 was the subject. I lowered the whites by -78, and I increased the texture by 18, the clarity by 37, and the sharpness by 25. Lastly, I added a -32 vignette.

Photo 4

F - 8.0, Shutter Speed – 8, ISO – 80

There was nothing to edit for this photo because it turned out to be all white.

Photo 5

F - 8.0, Shutter Speed - 1/1000, ISO - 400

Mask 1 was applied to the sky, and I lowered the whites to -6 and that cleaned them up well.

Mask 2 was the subject. I lowered the whites to -6, and I increased the texture by 21, the clarity by 9, and the sharpness by 44. I finished up with a -11 vignette.

Photo 6

F - 2.8, Shutter Speed - 1/1000, ISO – 200

Lastly, I think this one turned out to be the best-looking photo. The first photo was a close second.

Mask 1 was the sky, and I lowered the whites to -8.

Mask 2 was the background, and I lowered the whites to -11.

Mask 3 once again, was the subject. I lowered the whites to -6, and I increased the texture by 50, the clarity by 30, and the sharpness by 25. I finished up with a -32 vignette.

Conclusion

    There is SO much that I have to learn when it comes to settings. These photos were shot on a sunny day and it was interesting to see how they came out according to how the aperture, shutter speed, and f-stop were set. Overall, I learned how to change the aperture, shutter speed, and ISO. I did not know how to do this before. I did not even know where to find it on a camera, but I did it. I was very relieved and proud of myself after completing this project.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Street Buka's Logo - Project 25 Final

Nigerian Street Buka's Brand Identity - Project 26

XXL Magazine - Project 3