It Keeps Things Hot And Cold! - Creative Exercise 8

Introduction

    It is a Sunday afternoon, and I am sitting here wondering what most people do on Sunday afternoons. Right now, 2 of my kids are in their room watching a movie, and the other 2 are outside playing. My partner is scrolling on Facebook, and I am about to begin my creative exercise. This is probably a regular Sunday for us unless we go to the park, the beach, or a festival.

    My creative exercise for this week is called “It Keeps Things Hot And Cold!”. This exercise also came out of the book CAFFEINE FOR THE CREATIVE MIND 250 EXERCISES TO WAKE UP YOUR BRAIN by Stefan Mumaw and Wendy Lee Oldfield.

    I bet some people remember when their mom or dad packed their lunch for school. There was a container that stored hot and cold food or drinks, and it went inside your lunchbox. Do you remember, the lunchbox thermos? It has been a long time since I have heard this word, and honestly, I don’t think my mother ever bought my brother or me any type of thermos.

    For this exercise, I have to come up with 10 alternative uses for the thermos. The thermos has gone extinct. There are many package replacements that make it easier for moms and dads to pack their little kiddie's lunchboxes for school.

10 alternative uses for the Lunchbox THEMOS:

Storage

Time Capsule

A Stand

Use to draw a circle

Rolling pin

Use as a pot for plants

Cookie cutter

Shovel

A sleeping spot for a very small animal

Door Stopper

Conclusion

    This creative exercise seemed fairly easy. You think you would come up with at least 10 alternative uses for the thermos easily, but it took some brainstorming to come up with the ones that I did come up with. I kept resorting back to the fact that it stored only food and drinks. My brain did not want to accept that there could be alternative uses. I mean, what else could a thermos do? This was a decent exercise to come up with ideas. It makes you get those fluids in your brain moving around. It may even make you do a few front flips and back flips, but I made it! This was a good one. If you are stumped, you should give it a shot.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Street Buka's Logo - Project 25 Final

Nigerian Street Buka's Brand Identity - Project 26

XXL Magazine - Project 3