Landscape Photography - Project 10

Introduction

    Landscaping photography has naturally always been one of my favorite types of photography. Most of the time when I shoot pictures, it is of sunsets, land, the sky, flowers, trees, and more. I find pleasure in the beauty of the universe that we live in. I am the type to snap a photo in my car on the way to my destination.

    Each area of photography has specific requirements. For Landscape photography, there is equipment that is recommended such as wide-angle lenses, interchangeable lenses, a tripod, and filters. Most photographers should be shooting at the golden hour for the best lighting. This area of photography takes patience. I am not surprised. Nature cannot be rushed, so this allows us to relax and enjoy our time in the wonders of something that we take for granted each day.

    The photo I have chosen for my specialty project is a picture of a body of water with marshland surrounding it. There are trees in the background, and the sky is a beautiful bright blue. I snapped this on one of my adventures to Circle B, again. My family and I travel to this reserve quite often. It is not too far from where we live, so it is easy to hop in the car and go.

    I love the way the light hits this reserve at specific times of the day. It brings out the beauty of the land and everything in that area. Also, a lot of this land is untouched. It is clean, and it is well taken care of. This makes for better shots, as well. This picture was my favorite of the ones that I took this weekend.

Landscape


    While editing this photo, I increased the shadows by 25, the blacks by 40, the textures by 37, the clarity by 37, and the sharpness by 30. I decreased the highlights by -42, and the whites by -70. To bring this photo together, I applied artistic profile 4 and a -11 vignette. I turned out to be so beautiful.

Conclusion

    Like I said, I could take pictures of landscapes for hours each day. I love the earth's natural beauty. There is nothing more healing and meditative than to surround yourself in nature with stillness, peace, and the sounds of nature making its moves. I still have a lot to learn about critiquing and making my photos better, but that will also come with time and patience. It will also come with better equipment, not saying the equipment will do the job for me. Once I have gotten down the tips and tricks for landscape photography, and once I have gotten a bit more practice, I should be taking better shots each time I journey out to shoot. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Street Buka's Logo - Project 25 Final

Nigerian Street Buka's Brand Identity - Project 26

XXL Magazine - Project 3