Texture - Project 9

Introduction

    Different textures surround us at all times. I have been trying to take pictures every time that I see something that catches my eye. I used to take many pictures as I embarked on each of my journeys, but I have taken more pictures for this class daily than I ever have in the past. Because there are so many different textures out there, you could come across something unique at any time.

    I took various pictures before I decided which picture would be “the chosen one”. I was trying to create a habit of taking some pictures every day. I took pictures of bamboo, gravel, roads, various plants, mud, metal, stucco, a couch, and more. I could not decide which one I wanted to use, but in the end, I did have to pick something.

    The picture that I ended up going with was a mix of rocks, dirt, and gravel that I found surrounding a railroad track. On this particular day, my family and I traveled downtown. Our kids were walking down the bustling street of downtown Lakeland visiting with each tent at the farmers market that occurs on Saturdays. As they were distracted by the market, I was with my partner taking photos. A train passed by, so I knew that I had to take some photos by the tracks. This is how my photo was taken.

Texture

    For this photo, I increased the shadows by 39, the blacks by 59, the texture by 46, the clarity by 35, and the dehaze by 39. I decrease the white by -81, and the highlights by negative 81. This got rid of some of the overexposed and underexposed areas. To bring it all together, I applied artistic profile 3 and a -11 vignette.

Conclusion

    I could take different photos of texture every day. Everything has texture, and when you can get a great close-up picture of your choice of object, the experience is heightened. Exploring different areas around the house, town, parks, and wherever I end up on my journeys is never dull, especially when a good photograph can be taken.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Street Buka's Logo - Project 25 Final

Nigerian Street Buka's Brand Identity - Project 26

XXL Magazine - Project 3