Dom Perignon Magazine Ad, Half-Page Ad, and Instagram/Facebook Ad - Project 15

Introduction

    The Holiday season is approaching quickly. Everyone will be hustling and bustling through the streets gathering gifts, sweet treats, and food for their feasts. You have those who go out spontaneously and purchase what they need, and you have those who review ad after ad and coupon after coupon trying to find exactly what they want for the best deal.

    As a graphic designer, a possible project we may take on is designing the ads that people see everywhere. We are to design 3 ads:  8.5inx11in magazine ad, 8.5inx5.5in half-page ad, and a 2000pxx2000px Instagram/Facebook ad.

Audience/Message

    The product I chose to promote is Dom Perignon Vintage 2005 Champagne. This brand is elegant and proud giving you a sophisticated feeling.

    This brand of Champagne is of the upper echelon. I am gearing my ads to those who want to splurge for the holidays and to those who are dedicated customers who purchase multiple bottles for Christmas, New Year's, and other holidays.

Magazine Ad

Half-Page Ad

Instagram/Facebook Ad

Design Decisions

    My color palette consisted of reds, golds, greens, white and black. Black, gold, red give off an elegant, bold, and powerful feel. Dom Perignon stands out. I also chose red, green, and gold because these are colors you normally see during Christmas time.

    I downloaded a new pack of brushes. They were glitter brushes/star brushes to create a sophisticated/bold feeling.

    In my 8.5inx11.5in, I put a bow on the bottle because it is being given as a gift. I used Santa’s bag full of gifts in my 8.5inx5.5in half-page ad and placed it behind the bottle making the bottle the main attraction. For my 2000pxx2002px, I placed a couple of smaller gifts right in front of it, the bottle being the biggest gift. This is for a Christmas gift.

    The fonts that I chose were Bookman Oldstyle and Script MT Bold. Bookman Oldstyle comes off as classy and easy to read. I chose the for every font except the name of the brand. Dom Perignon is in Script MT Bold because it is similar to what is used for the original font. The original font was created by hand.

Conclusion

    I found this project to be challenging in the beginning. As I chose my product the task became easier. My ideas began to flow. I thought Champagne was an interesting choice, and it would be a classy gift to purchase for someone. It is not too expensive, but it is not cheap. I implemented some new techniques into my ads that I had not tried before. I created two reflections on two of my pieces. They look great, but I struggled a bit. I think they still need some adjusting. I played around more with gradients as well. I know that this can affect the way a customer views the ad bringing more attention to the product being promoted. This project was very necessary because I believe Graphics Designers at one point or another will be creating some sort of ad. Overall, I loved this project. I have a lot to learn, but I got creative with it, and I think my pieces speak to my audience. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Street Buka's Logo - Project 25 Final

Nigerian Street Buka's Brand Identity - Project 26

XXL Magazine - Project 3