Photoshop User Magazine Dec-2023 Edition - Project 16

Introduction

    I have learned a tremendous amount about graphic design this past month. As a class, we have been digging our heels in and working hard to complete our projects, while practicing and learning known effects and techniques to help create what we envision.

    In saying that, our final project was to create a Photoshop User Magazine that could be a future design. We had to include 5 subjects in the magazine that we learned about these past three months, take an original photo or create an AI-generated image, and the Photoshop User Magazine uses specific fonts for different elements of the cover and layouts.

Photoshop User Magazine Dec-2023 Edition

    After I received the assignment, I had a thought in my mind that stemmed from Jack Frost and a winter scene. I generated a Jack Frost Character that was unique and eccentric. It took me a few tries to get the character that I wanted with Generative Fill, but I found just the right one.

    I added a snowy background with icy, snowy, blue skies, and the Jack Frost character has an icy blue jacket with fur trim around the collar. I knew that I loved every bit of this idea.

    I used a couple of gradients to draw your attention to the character's face. I also used an overlay to bring the colors together.

    Also, to create more falling snow in the piece, I downloaded some snow brushes from www.myphotoshopbrushes.com/brushes. I love this site's brushes. T I painted some snow in. I found that the snow was a bit bright, so I added a soft light blend mode to the snowy layer.

    I stuck with different shades of blue, white, and black for my color scheme because these colors made my magazine cover flow.

To bring it together, I applied a vintage profile 1 and a -11 vignette.

Conclusion

    Magazine Covers are one of my favorite categories to design. I thoroughly enjoy coming up with ideas and structuring the layout to replicate every element. The alignment must be correct for magazines to pop. Aligning your articles, headlines, credits, etc. is important because it helps frame specific areas and it is visually appealing. I am also proud of myself for this piece, and I become even more proud with each project because I make significant progress each time. Each time I surprise myself with better designs and understanding of implementing effects and techniques in Photoshop. I can’t wait to see what my future brings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Street Buka's Logo - Project 25 Final

Nigerian Street Buka's Brand Identity - Project 26

XXL Magazine - Project 3