Rock Star - Creative Exercise 12

Introduction

Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and let your mind wander.

    I am about to ask you some questions that are asked over and over again throughout our lifetime. They are asked so much that they are ingrained in our souls. The questions are: What do you want to be when you grow up? What is your profession?

    The real question is: If you had no restrictions and everything was readily available to you, what is it that you would choose as your profession? What is your dream job?

I hope that everyone loves what they do, and I hope they are never really “working” a day in their life.

    The profession I choose to become is some sort of ROCK STAR! There is no greater feeling than to hear the crowd chanting the lyrics of your songs and maybe even your name. It is exhilarating jumping around the stage with a mic in your hand.

Rock Star

    Rock Star is the name of my creative exercise. It is in the book CAFFEINE FOR THE CREATIVE MIND 250 EXERCISES TO WAKE UP YOUR BRAIN written by Stefan Mumaw and Wendy Lee Oldfield.

    Every Rock Star needs instruments. Rock Star instructs us to choose 5 things in our current environment that can be used to make an instrument. When you have chosen, you are to figure out how these elements would be assembled up on stage.

5 Elements

Speakers with a Mic

Hefty Card Board Box

Steel Chop Sticks

Ceramic Incense Holder

Plastic Box of Binder Clips

    The mic will be used to project the lyrics through the speakers. I will use the cardboard box for drums, and the binder clips and the chopsticks hitting the ceramic incense holder will be percussion. These objects can be used to make a beat, and then I could rap over them.

Conclusion

    This exercise made me smile. I love music that much. I love art that much. I have so many objects around me that I already use to make my music, but I chose objects one would not normally use up on stage. Anything can make music. As long as it makes a sound or can be used to make a sound, some sort of music can come from it. I am sure many other unordinary objects around me could make different sounds. These sounds could be used in beats that I make or any other producers beats. Producers will often create sounds with different objects and record them to put in their music. This will make for distinct and unique music. 

Everybody has a dream profession. 

What is yours?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Street Buka's Logo - Project 25 Final

Nigerian Street Buka's Brand Identity - Project 26

XXL Magazine - Project 3