Cincinnati Zoo Logo, Icons, and Invitation - Project 19

Introduction

    In the first portion of this project, we had to complete a logo for Cafe Limon. We were to follow along with the book to create 3 different designs for the logo, and the 2 of the designs would go on a letterhead and envelope that we made.

Cafe Limon Finals Designs:




    For the second portion of the project, our client is the Cincinnati Zoo.

    This Cincinnati Zoo is rebranding everything in their zoo, and next spring, they are going to have a Grand Reopening.

    We must recreate their logo, come up with a series of icons for each of the zoo’s seven main sections: Tropics, Desert, Arctic, Forest, Ocean, Sky, and Kids Kingdom, and create an invitation for the Grand Reopening celebration that includes the new logo.

    We are to research the proper size of the invitation that will be sent through the U.S. Postal Service and include the date, time, phone number, and web address.

    Their logo is out of date being made 20 years ago. They are looking for an up-to-date and fresh look that includes more than just words in a fancy typeface.

    It will be stamped all around the zoo and even embroidered on clothing.

Final Designs:

Cincinnati Zoo's Logo

Cincinnati Zoo's Icons

Cincinnati Zoo's Invitation

    For the overall font in the logo and the icons, I used Journal OT Bold Ultra. It was fun, quirky, and fitting for a zoo-themed project. On the invitation, I used both Journal OT Bold Ultra that was already in the logo, and I used Bahnshrift SemiBold for the words Grand Re-opening, the day, the contact number, and the web address so they stood out and looked different amongst the Journal OT Bold Ultra.

    I kept the overall theme of the previous color green throughout the design, but I added more animals and more color to spruce it up.

    The icons are nice and simple and easy to read so that people who cannot speak English can understand where these sections of the zoo are located.

    For the invitation, I used the sizes 5.5 in width and 8.5 in height. This size is for invitations that need a little more space to fit a lot of information. With my logo needing a bit more space, I thought this size was fitting.

Conclusion

    This project was like implementing a real design for a real company. I liked how real it was. I think my logo, icons, and invitation design turned out to be great. I have never made any designs for a zoo. It took some brainstorming to figure out what I wanted to do, but everything seemed to flow. I would like to be faster at designing these types of projects, but I know that speed will come with time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Street Buka's Logo - Project 25 Final

Nigerian Street Buka's Brand Identity - Project 26

XXL Magazine - Project 3