Bonnaroo Event Poster - Project 20

Introduction

    The second project for this week was to create an event poster for a real-life event. The only specification for this was to use expressive typography and that the event be real.

    The event I chose to complete a poster for was Bonnaroo. Bonnaroo is a famous Music & Arts Festival, and people travel from all over to come and see the bands that perform. Bonnaroo is put on in Manchester, Tennessee.  

    Bonnaroo is unique because they schedule a plethora of different artists to perform on stage ranging from majorly famous artists listed as the headliners to small, indie, underground artists that most people would not recognize.

    For this event, you can get a hotel for lodging, but a majority of attendees sleep in a tent right on the grounds. There are showers and bathrooms provided, and you can come and go as you please (even though it is not recommended.

    I have completed this piece, but it is in a rough draft form. I plan to do more work on this.

Rough Draft Event Poster


Final Event Poster


    I chose bright funky colors because Bonnaroo is all about wild colors and psychedelic designs. I incorporated my own graffiti letters and graffiti design graphics to go around the logo. I also added some tents because one of the options for overnight stays is camping out on the site. I chose Myriad Pro for the font. I put the headliner bands above the rest in different colors and different size typefaces. I made the typeface for the secondary bands slightly larger than the more underground bands.

Conclusion

    I enjoyed this project, but I learned that I needed to give myself a bit more time to come to an ending spot. It now looks a lot better than it did. I am a lot happier with how it turned out. Some things do not match up with the original posters, but they use different funky typefaces and icons so, put my own twist on it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Street Buka's Logo - Project 25 Final

Nigerian Street Buka's Brand Identity - Project 26

XXL Magazine - Project 3