Regatta Artwork Poster/Lightbulb - Project 18

Introduction

    This week, I chose to do Regatta Artwork which was project 2. For this project, my client is requesting that I make the primary artwork marketing the Long Beach Regatta event which attracts thousands of people.

    The main portion of the poster that I created was the sailboat. I used the pen tool to create the shapes and outlines of the sailboat, and I used different colors from the swatch panel to color in the sails, posts, boats, and ropes. In the smaller sail, I was instructed to use the Gradient Free Transform tool with lines and points to create multiple color gradients within the sail.

    When I was finished creating the sailboat, I copied and pasted it into the template that was provided. Then I used the Blob Brush to create some water splashing up from the waves.

Regatta Artwork Poster

    For my creation, I made a Radial Gradient background going from white to black which brought more attention to the main subject.

    I took a lightbulb and I used the pen tool to create it. After I was finished, I also used the Gradient Free Transform tool with lines and points to create multiple color gradients within it as well. I used the colors of the rainbow, and on the outside of the bulb, there were little shapes to make it look like the light bulb was shining.

    The main message for my poster is Open Your Mind. What I had in mind with this poster was the promotion of LGBTQIA acceptance and equality in society.

My Creation

Conclusion

    This project took me some time to recreate, but I found it interesting to learn how to use the pen tool better and to work more efficiently. The technique I enjoyed learning the most is how to use the Gradient Free Transform tool with lines and points to create multiple color gradients within one shape. It is extremely visually appealing. I like the way the colors flow together and they make objects pop. I look forward to learning more about Adobe Illustrator and especially how to use the pen tool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Street Buka's Logo - Project 25 Final

Nigerian Street Buka's Brand Identity - Project 26

XXL Magazine - Project 3