Tattoo - Project 17

Introduction

    Starting this new year, I have begun the course Digital Illustration. I am excited to see what this class brings. I am beginning with no experience in Adobe Illustrator, and I know that an abundance of knowledge will be headed my way.

    One of our first projects is to create a color tattoo. This is no ordinary tattoo. We are to come up with a tattoo that represents us as a person in some way. Who else gets to create tattoos as assignments besides a tattoo artist themselves?

    Since I know the bare minimum about Illustrator at this point, this project was a bit of a challenge, but if it isn’t a challenge, are we learning and pushing ourselves to be the best that we can be?

    For my tattoo I chose to incorporate an old school microphone, my stage name JAE in graffiti, and some lighting bolts coming out of the bottom of the name and the microphone.

    The old-school microphone represents my love for music, performing, producing, and writing songs. I chose the old-school microphone because it is my favorite microphone.

    JAE represents me as a performer on stage. JAE has always been a nickname of mine growing up. My close friends have always called me JAE instead of Jordan, so I adopted that name as my stage name for when I am rapping on stage.

    I chose to do JAE in my original graffiti font because graffiti is something I have been creating since I was a kid. It was one of my favorite things to whip up. It also represents my music and me as an artist.

    I chose gold lightning bolts that come out of my name because gold and lightning represent wisdom, strength, and power.

The Finished Product

Conclusion

    As I said, this project was a bit of a challenge. I instantly came up with an idea, but it was difficult for me to implement in Illustrator at first. I used the pen tool for a majority of my project, and I learned some do’s and don’ts. If you want color in your drawing, you need to make every piece of it into a shape. You can’t just trace it as if you were drawing with a real pen or pencil. I had to redo a few things several times to get to where I wanted to be. I am satisfied with my final product, but I know that it can be better with some more practice.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Street Buka's Logo - Project 25 Final

Nigerian Street Buka's Brand Identity - Project 26

XXL Magazine - Project 3