Afroman-Creative Exercise 28

Introduction

    I had to laugh to myself for a minute about this week’s creative exercise. Have you ever read something and instantly thought to yourself “I am not really sure what the heck I just read, but I am going to go ahead and pull this off anyway”? I mean there are so many things one can come up with, but we decided on this guys… Well, this was one of those times.

    Sticking to this newly found book that I picked up in my Digital Video and Audio Editing course, I came across this creative exercise in “CREATIVE BOOT CAMP-GENERATE IDEAS IN GREATER QUANTITY & QUALITY IN 30 DAYS”, written by Stefan Mumaw.

The creative exercise is called “AFROMAN”.

I am just sitting here looking at the title like “lol ok”!

    To introduce the exercise, the author states “Most men’s cologne is designed to do one thing: smell nice to women”. He goes on to say that without cologne men smell less appealing, and a majority of the population is already aware of this. The problem he says is that women are around maybe 2 percent of the time to smell these so-called better and fancier scents, and the other 98 percent of the time, men are left to their own devices smelling these horrible scents.

    This exercise instructs the reader to write down as many colognes scents that men would rather smell on themselves in only 3 minutes. So, what is it that men would rather smell?  GO!

AFROMAN Answers:

BBQ

Fish

Gun Smoke

Grease/Oil

Exhaust

Gas

Tar

Rubber

Nothing

Fire

Wood

Water/Lake/Ocean

Charcoal

Matches

Grass

Sweat

Coffee

Conclusion

    I have no idea what men would rather smell like! The only thing I can say is that I know when they are growing up as boys, they really could care less what they smell like, what their clothes smell like, and even what their own room smells like. I guess there is only one way to find out, and that would be to ask! For now, this is the list of things that I think that men would rather smell like. Most of them are hobbies or work smells. So, my theory is that if they enjoy these things then they must enjoy the smells that come along with them. I could be totally off and wrong though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Street Buka's Logo - Project 25 Final

Nigerian Street Buka's Brand Identity - Project 26

XXL Magazine - Project 3