I Think My Seven-Year-Old Could Beat Me In A Race - Creative Exercise 25

Introduction

    In our society, it is assumed that “adults do everything better than kids”, but in some scenarios, this statement can indeed be proven otherwise. Children have vivid imaginations, and they do not have feelings, emotions, and fear holding them back from putting their little minds to work. There are many things that children can do better. Do adults have more experience with certain areas? Sure, but children are inevitably better at some just because they are still exactly that, children. Who are we to underestimate their talent, intelligence, and imagination? None of us are perfect, and there is always something to learn. There is also always something that adults can learn from children.

    To start my Digital Video and Audio Editing course off from a nice little break, I have chosen my creative exercise from the book, Caffeine For The Creative Mind: 250 Exercises To Wake Up Your Brain written by Stefan Mumaw and Wendy Lee Oldfield.

    The name of the creative exercise is “I Think My Seven-Year-Old Could Beat Me In A Race”. This task would like you to make a list of twenty things that kids do better than adults. It also states that if you would like to participate in one of these activities, feel free, but it is not required.

20 Things That Kids Are Better At Than Adults:

Coming up with ideas

Socializing

Sharing and giving things

Spreading Love

More Energy

Learn Faster

More Creative

Better Understanding of Technology

Better at expressing themselves

More Confidence

More Helpful

More Flexible

More Honest

Following Directions

Openminded

More Trusting

More Intuitive

Approachable

Selfless

Larger Imagination

Conclusion

    Children can be entirely relentless filled with vivid imaginations with endless scenarios. Children are special, and as we grow into adults, some of us seem to take that for granted. We also begin to lose the child within us. If adults worked together alongside children, they may see that they have a lot more to offer. It was not too difficult for me to generate a list of things that children are better at than adults. I see how my four children grow and operate each and every day, and I witness firsthand the things that they do better than myself, my partner, and other adults around. Sometimes they teach me how to be a better human being and how to let go of things instead of holding on to them. They are spectacular little beings, and I think that we should appreciate their value more often.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Street Buka's Logo - Project 25 Final

Nigerian Street Buka's Brand Identity - Project 26

XXL Magazine - Project 3