The Magical Mystery Bus - Creative Exercise 33

Introduction

    It is the first week of Animation, and I can say that I am pretty excited. I watched some video clips from behind the scenes in Pixar a couple of classes ago, which highly sparked my interest. It was intriguing to see how they put together their movie scenes and the process it takes to get to the final product.

    Anyway, this is my first creative exercise for my Animation class, and I have chosen an exercise that speaks near and dear to my heart. Music and touring have always been a passion and dream of mine, and I know that they will be incorporated into my career at some point or another.

    This exercise is called “The Magical Mystery Tour Bus”. I came across this exercise in the book “CREATIVE BOOT CAMP-GENERATE IDEAS IN GREATER QUANTITY & QUALITY IN 30 DAYS”, and it is written by Stefan Mumaw.

    Every musical artist or artist who travels dreams of what will be on their ideal tour bus. I have seen plenty of concerts to know who will be arriving on that bus. I often wonder what they look like, and these artists spend quite a bit of time here. They need to be comfortable in their home away from home. Good rest is pertinent for an ideal show. Also, being in the right environment and settings allows for creativity to flow.

    For this exercise, we are to create the “ideal tour bus”. What will our tour bus look like inside and out?

The Magical Mystery Tour Bus:

Coffee Maker

Recording Studio

Private Room

Private Shower

Different color lights around the inside of the bus.

Kitchen/Grill

Area for my cat

Beds for other people

Kitchen table

Red and black interior

TV/ Projections screens

Cameras

A porch on the roof

Canopy on roof/extends outward

Area that extends outward to make more room inside the bus

Conclusion

    I don’t think there could ever be enough room for everything that one would want on a tour bus, but for a mini home away from home there is more than enough to get by. The items I listen to would be more than a dream. I also know they would be quite expensive. How cool would it be to obtain a home away from home that had the amenities in it that you use daily! What would be in your tour bus if you could have anything?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Street Buka's Logo - Project 25 Final

Nigerian Street Buka's Brand Identity - Project 26

XXL Magazine - Project 3